Injury in left hemisphere
One person with injury in this hemisphere may have one or two of these symptoms, others may have several. The list below provides a summary of possible symptoms.
- Sensory disturbances, weakness or paralysis on the right side of the body. Read more.
- Impaired vision on the right hand side of both eyes. (hemianopia)
- Speech and language problems (aphasia).
- Difficulties in recognizing objects (agnosia).
- Problems with daily activities, routines that used to go well (apraxia).
- Reduced memory for verbal (spoken) matters.
- Decrease in analytical skills.
- Problems with chronology (in order of time, cause and effect)
- Reduced timing and speed of skills
- Confusing left and right
- Difficulty in dealing with numbers, understand numbers and dealing with money
- Become slow
- Exhibit insecure, anxious and withdrawn behavior
- Risk of depression
- Chance of changing moods, easily overwhelmed by emotions